In order to accept the inheritance, the following documents must be requested and obtained:
- Death certificate, issued by the Civil Registry of the town where the death occurred.
- Certificate of the last will and testament, issued by the General Registry of Last Wills and Testaments, stating whether the deceased made a will.
- Life insurance certificate, issued by the register mentioned above.
- Authentic copy of the will, if any. A request must be made to the notary who notarised the will or to the notary who has the protocol (notary or Notaries’ Association).
- Certificates of the accounts on the date of death issued by the banking institutions in which the deceased had financial assets and/or debts.
- Extracts from the Property Registers, in cases where the deceased was the owner of real estate.
In GABARRÓ ADVOCATS –HERÈNCIES- we advise and provide the necessary documents to accept the inheritance.